I Have My Own Blog Why Should I Guest Blog?
So Why Guest Blogging?
Most obvious reason looks like to gain links but its more like posting to build your audience.
You would be looked at as an expert in your field when you share your knowledge on other companies’ websites.
This would help you build a relationship with that specific community around the website.
Create exposure for you and your brand bringing in new opportunities.
Does Guest Blogging Really Work?
Hmm.. Lets see
Guest post has become the go-to marketing source and a must-do requirement for Online Business Startups.
Its easier said than done though.
Anyone trying get backlinks the correct way and not just link stuffing and link building.
You needs to get your marketing campaigns rolling with Guest Post as the main outreach program to build their links,
Anyone serious about building their business will have a dedicated resource for this task.
Nowadays Guest Posting has become entirely different to what it used to be before 2018 -19.
As per Google guidelines when you publish a post that is relevant and useful in a high-quality ranking website.
Your site or your blog benefits in the search engine ranking and yes this does bring in an increase in your site traffic.
10 Benefits of Guest Blogging
1) Building Backlinks To Your Site
Now backlinks needs to be very specific and provide relevant link to the post as we as the website in which it is featured.
It should be made to real human users who will find it useful and relevant for both the user and the website.
2) Your Network or Community Expands
It is very important in our strong and competitive online community that you need to work together collaborate and help you grow.
Most of the website owners are constantly looking to provide value to their existing base of customers.
If you are someone who can show that in your valuable guest blog post then you add that community and expand your reach instantly.
3) Makes You an Online Authority
I personally have an Ad blockers on my browser. What does that say? We are less likely to believe the advertisements these days.
Guest Blogging is a great way to build trust and with that comes what value your information is perceived among the potential customers.
There is so much scam going around in this online industry it all depends on who you are associated with and how they look at you and you content.
So when you create your own unique content and on top pf that you are guest blogging. This is a great opportunity to show yourself as an authority online.
4) Increase In YourTraffic
When you are getting your guest blog post published and when the readers click and view your content has a massive effect on your credibility.
Google is constantly looking at these data on how many people viewed and stayed on the blog.
How many clicked additional links giving them an indication to rate your content higher in terms of relevance .
Hence bringing the all important traffic to your links and website organically.
5) Makes People Aware Of Your Brand
I always believe that it is very important to create your brand and not be associated with the product
Guest Blogging helps new communities become aware of what you do and creates an awareness of your brand in a very organic way.
When you say Elon Musk. I always think of the great Electric cars they have to offer.
6) Helps in Social Media Profile
Guest blogging gives you an opportunity to repurpose the content in various social media channels and increasing the audience reach.
You can see how all the big Internet marketing influencers always share their recent interview or a podcast which creates social likes and shares increasing the credibility and reach.
7) Increase In Your Blog Awareness
It has been observed that when you have a quality guest blog post which gets good feedback does wonders to your own blog.
People would want to find out more about you and what you write and those curious engaged reader would click on the author bio or the link which can direct them to your own blog.
This is easier said than done and you need to be consistent in your voice and your content to be able to grow your online business fast.
8) Grow Your Email List
This is a direct result of a curious reader wanting to know more about you from your published blog post.
When they arrive at your blog you can setup a funnel using a pop up or a subscription form to make him share his email for an absolute valuable lead magnet.
If you do consistent guest blog posting n high quality websites chances are you will be grow your email list much faster than any regular marketing campaign.
9) Helps You Grow Your Services
Guest Posting not only helps you to be an online authority , People would likely ask for any additional services like blog post for additional websites.
How to build their business or maybe coach them one on one.
The opportunity is limitless when you do this the right way
10) Improves Your Credibility
I have been on the fence for about two years checking what my now mentor did and if he really stuck to what he said he would.
Two years trying to find if he was a legit person and what he said on his website was it all true?
I am sure there were more reason not to buy anything from him than funds.
If I had found any guest post written by him and was published in any of the influencers blog.
I could follow them, it would have been easier to open up more easily to my mentor than wait and see his actions.
Guest blogging does exactly that.
You are immediately seen an someone you can be trusted since the website owner has decided to trust you to publish on their main channel.
To build authenticity and credibility is not easy nowadays where everyone is trying to sell you.
The minute they say hi to you without even trying to know you.
Its sad some of them look at customers as sheer numbers.
Hopefully you are like me who wants to know each other better before you come down to business.
How to get the opportunity for Guest Posts?
- Write Quality Posts
- Make the most of Google Authorship
How to find blogging opportunities
Check for Forums related to your industry
- Books/their tables of content
- Search in Google:
Your keyword followed by:
- ◦ “guest post”
- ◦ “write for us”
- ◦ “guest article”
- ◦ “guest post opportunities”
- ◦ “this is a guest post by”
- ◦ “contributing writer”
- ◦ “want to write for”
- ◦ “submit blog post”
- ◦ “contribute to our site”
- ◦ “guest column”
- ◦ “submit content”
- ◦ “submit your content”
- ◦ “submit post”
- ◦ “this post was written by”
- ◦ “guest post courtesy of ”
- ◦ “guest posting guidelines”
- ◦ “suggest a post”
- ◦ “submit an article”
- ◦ “contributor guidelines”
- ◦ “contributing writer”
- ◦ “submit news”
- ◦ “become a guest blogger”
- ◦ “guest blogger”
- ◦ “guest posts wanted”
- ◦ “looking for guest posts”
- ◦ “guest poster wanted”
- ◦ “accepting guest posts”
- ◦ “writers wanted”
- ◦ “articles wanted”
- ◦ “become an author”
- “become guest writer”
- ◦ “become a contributor”
- ◦ “submit guest post”
- ◦ “submit an article”
- ◦ “submit article”
- ◦ “guest author”
- ◦ “send a tip”
- Lists the best blogs
- Enter your keyword to get a list of the best sites So l could also lists websites that accept guest posts.
Look for blogs with:
- Similar content to your site
- Quality content
- An authentic following
- A strong Alexa rating, sending you targeted traffic
- Prominent author links that aren’t buried in an end-of-page bio
- A strong social media following
Pitch forGuest Posts
- Pitch at least 3 relevant post ideas.
- Your posts should suit the blog’s theme and existing content, and align with what the audience comments and shares most.
- Personalize your email pitch.
- Include the owner’s or editor’s name.
- Show you’re familiar with their work.
- Include links to your most recent posts (especially other guest posts), or writing samples.
- Keep it short.
- Avoid a lengthy introduction.
- Get to the point.
- Check, double-check, and triple-check your email before sending it.
- If the blogger notices a typo or other mistake in your pitch, they might not trust you to write for their blog.
- Be confident.
- Express confidence in your skills and how you can add value to their site – without overpromising or being cocky.
- Mention the content hasn’t been published elsewhere. Original content is king.
- Use a professional email signature.
- Keep your signature short and include your blog and social media URLs.
- Use a branded email address.
- Sending from your site’s email address looks better than using a free service like Gmail.
How to use CRM to manage interactions with customers and prospects for Guest Posts?
CRM at a glance
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is a system or model businesses use to manage their interactions with customers and prospects.
- A CRM system can help your business grow by tracking all your customer interactions.
- That includes phone calls and email threads, meetings and presentations, and even the next steps to close the deal or grow the customer account.
You can use CRM to optimize:
- List segmentation
- Project management
- ROI reports
- Sales visibility
- United efforts
- Data integrity
- Targeted messaging
- Actionable triggers
What is a Pipeline?
How do I create a pipeline?
When creating a pipeline, you’ll see a template that you can use as is, or customize to match your process.
The template is pre-loaded with 3 open and 2 closed stages.
These are already labeled New-Qualified, Presentation, Proposal, Won, and Lost – but you can change them.
To create a pipeline:
- Go to Dashboard>>CRM and click Create pipeline.
- Enter the pipeline name.
- Click Delete to remove a stage, or Add new stage to create one.
- You can’t delete the Won and Lost stages, but you can add another closed stage for Frozen deals (and delete it if you wish).
- To change a stage name, delete the existing name and enter a new one.
- Click Save to finish building the pipeline.
You can now add deals to your pipeline.
How To Write a Guest Blog Post?
Use title case for post titles (h1 headings).
For example: How to Come Up with a Good Blog Post Title
- Use sentence case for all other headings and subheadings h2 and smaller.
- For example: Do some brainstorming • Use short, meaningful post titles. Avoid vague marketing jargon.
- Add a short intro paragraph of 1-2 sentences.
- Use subheadings to break up your article. Get creative! And make sure they follow the same style, and tell a coherent story.
- Avoid long paragraphs. Smaller chunks that make sense as a whole are easier to read.
- Avoid long sentences. To make a point. Always try to cut out unnecessary words, or divide a long sentence in two. It’ll read easier. Just make sure your sentences flow and make sense.
- Bold noteworthy points or thoughts. Make them tweetable (up to 140 characters), so readers can easily share them.
- Speak directly to the audience in a friendly, conversational style.
Write as you would speak in person. And read it aloud to check it sounds natural.
- Add a clear and concise conclusion. Sum up what’s been said, state your opinion, and ask the reader for theirs. After all, you’re writing for them – so strive to spark a conversation
Before Publishing Your Blog Post
Here’s what you need to do before publishing your blog post:
- Read it out loud.
- Add any final ideas.
- Check for typos.
- Add subtitles where appropriate.
- Trim paragraphs to 5 lines or fewer.
- Use bullet points to break up text.
- Use short, simple sentences.
- Use clear, natural vocabulary.
- Match the blog’s style conventions.