Bring Your Business Online With Facebook Marketing
Decide your target audience who you want to reach
- Understand and define the profile of your target audience
- List the behaviors, interest and demographics
- Check If you have more than one audience to target is there a secondary audience
Map the entire customer journey
Marketing efforts are used to enable a potential customer and help him make a decision to convert. this is usually done through a funnel
- Know the three stages of a customer journey
- Awareness (making the customer aware of a product or service)
- Consideration (helping him decide which product or service he should choose)
- Conversion (provide offers relevant to his present need and make him a customer)
Set Your Marketing Goal
Goals help you to stay focussed on your marketing campaigns.
Facebook suggests using SMART goal (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and timebound ).
This method is one of the best ways to stay focussed on your marketing campaign
Make Your Online presence on Facebook Marketing:
Choose to be present online without having a website or a blog
Facebook provides 2 options
Facebook groups and Instagram Pages.You can easily create your online profile and start creating content for free.
Content can be in the form of post, helpful information snippents, Pictures, Video of your products.
In Facebook group pages you can guide people to take action using call to action buttons and direct people where you want or what you want them to do.
You can create a warm welcome with an engagement post and also provide value to them. This helps immensely in building value and relationships. A regular update and Facebook lives is where you get one on one interaction with your audience.
Watsapp is also a part of Facebook. Have you tried using the call to action button and direct conversation with your new lead or audience.
Attract Customer on Facebook
How do you do this?
Understand your online audience on Facebook
Differentiate between people who are followers, who visit your page, and who give likes
- Followers: will have to click on the option to follow and would receive regular updates on their feed. They can also unfollow later on
- People who liked your page: They follow automatically and are seen in the likes section. These are the ones who support you.
- Visitors: These could be people who saw your post when someone shared their post or maybe by adverts done by you.
- The visitors are important because that’s how you increase your audience. How can they see your post (using Explore feed, using hashtags, or advert tools of Facebook)
How do you grow your Audience on Facebook and Instagram:
- Tell your friends and followers to share your content and invite them to like your page.
- Work in collaboration with other businesses to work together and grow each other audience.
- The same method can be applied to the Instagram profile.
- You can also direct your audience from Instagram to your website and build an email list.
- In Instagram, hashtags are a great way to find related content and get their audience to see yours and grow your own audience with engagement.
- Instagram lets you create regular content and be consistent with the look and feel.
- Make a strategy to use feed post, live videos, and stories
- Create a Watsapp Business Profile and use its automated features to connect with your customers instantly.
- You can also use Instagram live to start a live feed and connect with your audience.
Facebook Marketing Ideas:
- Contest : Sweepstakes – Easy to enter, get more ‘likes’ and email contacts, and boost brand awareness. The prize must be desirable.
- Vote Contests – Get consumer feedback. Let your Facebook likes choose your next product line, or just have fun while increasing engagement.
- Photo Caption Contests – Ask entrants to caption a photo you choose.
- Get more ‘likes’, email contacts, and engagement.
- Essay Contests – Ask customers to write a few words on a selected topic (like ‘why my mother is the best’ for Mother’s Day). Get greater brand awareness and feedback from entrants.
- Photo Contests – Generate UGC (user-generated content) by asking entrants to submit a photo of your product – or something related to your business.
- Video Contests – Take photo contests one step further, inviting users to submit short videos of your product or something related to your business.
- Group Offers – Easy to enter, these give your business an immediate sales boost with a group coupon – as well as more ‘likes’ and email contacts.
Specify the prize and entry method.
- The prize should be suitable, and relevant to your business.
- Choose to collect contact details with entries, and/or other actions such as ‘likes’, comments, votes or shares.
- Build the contest page.
- Write an attention-grabbing contest title.
- Add an image of the prize.
- Include information about the prize, how to enter, and any rules or restrictions.
- Set up the entry form.
- Add share buttons, so it’s easy for entrants to share your contest with friends
Facebook contest promo to-do list
Send an email blast
- Promote your contest on social networks
- Add a banner on your website home page
- Create a Facebook ad.
- Write a blog post.
- List your contest on popular contest websites
Consider posting your contest on these sites:
1 . Cool Freebie Links
Offers links to sweepstakes and free samples.
2 . Contestgirl
Hosting sweepstakes since 2006, the site has since expanded to include various contests. A go-to site to post your contest.
3 . Freaky Freddies
Features free samples, sweepstakes and contests in 72 categories of free, mail-only items.
4 . Online-Sweepstakes
A large directory of sweepstakes from around the world.
5 . I Love Giveaways
Features the latest online sweepstakes, giveaways, instant win games and contests.
Checklist for closing a Facebook contest
Send a final call to enter, a few hours before the contest ends.
- Download a list of entrants.
- Use a random number generator to pick the winner.
- Locate the number on the entrant spreadsheet.
- Notify the winner via direct email.
- Announce on your Facebook page that the contest has closed, and the winner has been notified.
- Maximizing engagement after your contest
Even when the contest ends, you can still use it to promote your Facebook page. Here are a few ways to leverage your contest and keep entrants engaged:
- Profile the winner(s) on your blog, and share it on Facebook and other social networks.
- Make a video of you picking the winner
- Send a follow-up email to contest entrants to convert them into buyers.
- Share your plans on Facebook to keep your followers hooked
You could also check the following post: